Monday, September 19, 2011

What is involved in replacing a water pump in a 2002 Chrysler Sebring?

The dealership quoted me like 400 dollars in repairs using almost 10 hours of labor JUST for a frickin' water pump. I haven't had time to actually look at the car, but surely I can change a water pump in about 2. Anyone have ANY idea how this goes? I've changed pumps in older cars you could walk around in the engine compartment, but surely I shouldn't have to pull the engine to replace a common part.What is involved in replacing a water pump in a 2002 Chrysler Sebring?this depends on if it is a 3.2 or a 3.5 ohc. if it's a 3.5 then yes that is reasonable...as the water pump is driven by the cam belt. If it's a 3.2 then no...done both of them...the 3.2 is much easier. If it's a 2.7b then I'm not sure.