Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change a water pump on my 83 Camaro Z28?

Does anyone know where I can get step by step directions?How do I change a water pump on my 83 Camaro Z28?Believe me if you have never changed a water pump on a Z you better get a book or have someone who has to help you out! it is not easy and it has to be done in a certain manner or you can ruin your engine.How do I change a water pump on my 83 Camaro Z28?Try the trailer park. I saw some loser under the hood of the very same car just last week.How do I change a water pump on my 83 Camaro Z28?if you do not have experience with this. get someone else to do it. the bolts corrode and break off in the block. then you get to drill and tap them out. it sucks. but you can ask the parts store where you got the pump they are helpful. auto zone is great. or go to the library and get one of those chilton manualsHow do I change a water pump on my 83 Camaro Z28?Remove the upper portion of plastic cowling around the fan (approx 6 bolts=four on top two on the joint that connects the top and bottom parts on the sides); loosten the belts on the pulleys and remove the belts...note or tag which one goes on which side; remove fan blade and keep the bolts somewhere safe. Remove radiator upper hour clamp at the pump and pull the hose off. Remove water pump usually four bolts (who ever said they get rusty and break is full of it). Put new pump on by doing this all in reverse!How do I change a water pump on my 83 Camaro Z28?Have fun, I hope you have some experience %26amp; Patience





Disconnect battery ground cable and drain cooling system.



Remove fan shroud or upper radiator support, as applicable,

then remove accessory drive belts.



Remove fan and pulley from water pump hub.



Remove upper and lower alternator brackets. On Camaro, remove AIR brace and bracket.



If equipped with power steering, remove power steering lower bracket from water pump and position aside.



Remove radiator lower hose and heater hose from water pump.



Remove water pump attaching bolts and pump, noting position of bolts for assembly.



Reverse procedure to install.How do I change a water pump on my 83 Camaro Z28?Buy a manual, or pay someone that knows how.How do I change a water pump on my 83 Camaro Z28?Just get some tools...and get busy. Sheesh...water pumps are first grade stuff. Just start taking accessories off till you find the pump...change it and put the accessories back on. It ain't rocket science people..it's just a damn water pump!How do I change a water pump on my 83 Camaro Z28?Remove the fan blade,drain the radiator,remove the fan belt .diconnect the radiator hose from water pump ,remove bolts holding pump to engine block.scrape away old gasket and then use a gasket sealant on new water pump gasket and installin reverse order