Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change the water pump on a 1966 Ford Falcon?

thanks for any advice.How do I change the water pump on a 1966 Ford Falcon?Loosen Alternator/generator, Remove Belt. Loosen bolts holding fan to pump, Remove fan , remove clamps to hose,Remove hose, remove bolts holding pump to engine, you may have to lightly tap pump to crack seal and then remove, scrape away all gasket, re assemble opposite of removal. Re fill radiator with a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and water.



DO NOT attempt this while engine coolant is hot ! Allow three to four hours to cool after driving vehicle.How do I change the water pump on a 1966 Ford Falcon?Carefully.How do I change the water pump on a 1966 Ford Falcon?Alex E answered well. I would just suggest you consider changing thermostat along with pump.How do I change the water pump on a 1966 Ford Falcon?alex E .. totally agreeHow do I change the water pump on a 1966 Ford Falcon?I would agree with Alex E except that I would loosen, not remove, the bolts holding the fan to the pump before removing the belt. It's a lot easier to break those bolts loose while there's tension from the belt holding it still.