Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you change the water pump on a 96 3.5l dodge intrepid?

think the water pump is behind the crank pulley but im not certain I've pulled apart the front end but I'm having a hard time getting the pulley off so I want to make sure the part im trying to pull off is not the wrong one.How do you change the water pump on a 96 3.5l dodge intrepid?your water pump is located in the front center of the engine behind the timing cover and is driven by the timing belt. The timing belt must be removed to service the pump and recommend changing the belt at the same time. the only special tool you will need is a puller to remove the crank pulley this can be rented at an auto parts store the rest comes apart with basic hand tools. I recommend buying a service manual for your car at the parts store you get the other items needed to change the pump it will give you a step by step procedure for changing your belt and pump.How do you change the water pump on a 96 3.5l dodge intrepid?Well as far as I can tell you may not have to remove the crankshaft pulley but I could be wrong. You will however have to remove the timing belt and you might as well replace it anyway since you're in this far. I unfortunately I don't have enough details as the one I did was several years ago.How do you change the water pump on a 96 3.5l dodge intrepid?in time is correct....but if you are really good you don't need to pull of the balancer....although not recomened you can fold the belt behind it if you need to but the proper way is to take it off.....hay desperate times call for despirate measures!!!!....by the way you might want to replace the timing belt idler pulley as well....cause at about 190,000 the bearing will seize