Friday, September 23, 2011

When changing a water pump do I need to take out the radiator?

I have a 96 Dodge Intrepid 3.5 L . I thinking of trying to change the water pump. Was wondering if I had to take out the radiator or will it be enough clearance to do it without taking out the radiator.When changing a water pump do I need to take out the radiator?Not familiar with that particular one but on most cars the pump can be removed without removing the radiator. I'd try it. You can always back up and remove the radiator if the clearance is insufficient.When changing a water pump do I need to take out the radiator?No you dont have to take out the radiator but you might change the timming belt.When changing a water pump do I need to take out the radiator?take it out, it will give you much more working space and you will only damage it if you try without.When changing a water pump do I need to take out the radiator?I can't see why you would. That's a front wheel drive car right? The engine sits sideways so the water pump would be on the passenger side of the car.When changing a water pump do I need to take out the radiator?no ,there's no reason to remove the radiator unless you just want to,it wont be in the way of replacing anything on the front of the engine,good luck.