Friday, June 3, 2011

How do you change the water pump in a 1996 Isuzu Oasis/Honda Odyssey?

I can not find a Chilton book for these models locally, so if you have one and could scan me the pages, cool! If not and you have the answer to my question, I need it! Please, don't answer me by telling me to take it to a mechanic. It is a $57 part tops, and they want between $400 - 800 to fix it.



Thank you!How do you change the water pump in a 1996 Isuzu Oasis/Honda Odyssey?The Isuzu has a timing pump driven water pump, so if the timing belt is due to be replaced, both jobs are normally done at the same time along with replacing the timing belt tensioner pulley. It'a an %26quot;interference%26quot; type engine that bends the valves if the belt breaks and ruins the engine. The reason the shops want $700 is because they're doing a complete timing belt replacement to get to the water pump.



http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/090