Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do i change the water pump in my 1992 buick regal?

3.8 literHow do i change the water pump in my 1992 buick regal?The regular 3.8 is fairly easy. If it is the 3.8 that is turbo charged that is a little more difficult. The manual will tell you that you need to loosen engine mounting brackets and take loose the power steering pump. If you do as they say you will be sorry. The first time I did it I did it according to Chilton, since then I do it according to Tom. If you want pages from a manual email me at: fireman52569@yahoo.com I will copy the pages for you and sent them to you. Another thing, I use air rachets to run the bolts in and out. Usually the 3/8 inch will break them loose and the get them started the 1/4 inch is nice. Thomas S.How do i change the water pump in my 1992 buick regal?Would be best to get a repair manual from your local auto parts dealer or go to the local library. Or if you already have some idea and skills then; drain the radiator and save the material being careful not to spill any on the ground for any dog or cat to pick up as antifreeze will kill them. Remove the fan to get more room if the fan is in the way then remove the hose to to water pump, then remove the water pump. clean the surfaces and replace with new gasket and pump and uniformly torque retaining bolts to specification. replace hoses and anything else removed, add antifreeze solution back.