Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Honda Accord 1996, new water pump/timing belt/oil change, smoke coming out from under the car and heats up?

I just had my water pump/timing belt replaced and oil change. When the pump failed, white smoke was coming out, which I figured out to be coolant from the smell. Now there is smoke coming out from under the engine, which I believe to smell like oil. Also, the temperature gauge goes up to the halfway point when I am at a stoplight or idling. The highest I have ever seen it is at 1/3.



I had my car serviced by the dealership and I asked them. The man said its burning oil residue from the oil change and that it will burn away in a few days. Is this true? I have had my car worked on and oil changed for the past year at this dealership and have never had any smoke or other problems. What else could be going on? Worse case scenarios. Thanks everyone.Honda Accord 1996, new water pump/timing belt/oil change, smoke coming out from under the car and heats up?when engine is cool take radiator cap off in morning see if you have any bubbles in coolant other wise head gasket is leaking air oil is sometimes spilled see if they changed thermostat that could be reason for change in temp.