Thursday, November 25, 2010

How do I change the water pump in a 8 hp Mariner outboard engine?

I cannot find the shifting linkage to disconnect the lower unit to get to the water pump.How do I change the water pump in a 8 hp Mariner outboard engine?1. Remove and isolate spark plug leads from spark plugs.

2. Shift outboard into FORWARD gear.

3. Tilt outboard to full UP position.

4. Remove shift shaft retainer.

5. Remove reverse lock actuator.

6. Remove 3 bolts.



Email me through Yahoo Answers with your return email address and I can send you a manual in PDF format with pictures and step-by-step instructions.. Include the model year.How do I change the water pump in a 8 hp Mariner outboard engine?Look under the front side of the engine. You will see it connected to other linkage. Remove the cotter pin and slide the rod out.
  • how to straighten hair with a flat iron
  • good fantasy name
  •